ENERGY WAVE THERAPY FAQs
Energy wave therapy is a new, noninvasive treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). Energy wave therapy is a safe and effective treatment that utilizes gentle high frequency, low-intensity sound waves to stimulate the erectile tissue and improve blood flow in the penis so men can achieve natural, spontaneous erections.
In most cases, ED is caused by an underlying medical condition that affects the flow of blood through the body including:
- Vascular diseases that restrict blood flow including atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), hypertension, and high cholesterol
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke or spinal cord injury
- Surgery (such as radical prostatectomy) or trauma to the penis
- Low testosterone
Low-intensity energy waves are delivered to the shaft of the penis using a treatment wand. The technician places the treatment wand gently on the penile skin in several different areas. In total there are five points of treatment with each session: three on the top shaft of the penis and two
The energy waves are delivered through the skin into the tissue to stimulate new blood vessel growth, restore blood flow, and improve erectile quality.
Energy wave therapy typically takes only 20 minutes, once a week, over six weeks for a total of six sessions.
Most men experience little to no discomfort during or following the treatment.
After your treatment, there are no restrictions. You can immediately resume all normal activities, including sexual intercourse.
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure that takes just six sessions.
- Fast – Treatment takes about 20 minutes each session.
- Effective – Improvement in erectile function may be experienced after only a few sessions.
- Safe – No surgery and no anesthesia is required, and men experience no or minimal side effects.
- No more ED medications needed. Pumps, injections and penile implants are also no longer necessary.
- Virtually pain-free
- Men can enjoy an active, spontaneous sex life again
The goal of energy wave therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction is to help more men achieve spontaneous, natural erections without medication.
Most patients can get the quality, rigid erection they once had with energy wave therapy’s gentle energy pulse treatment within just six office visits. Incremental improvement in erectile function may be seen after just a few sessions. The formation of new blood vessels typically takes about three months to reach maximum effort.
At this time, the series of six treatments, which total $2,950, are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private healthcare insurance plans. We offer a special financing program through CareCredit. Our financial assistance representatives will be happy to provide you with the necessary information.